Monday, August 3, 2009

Lillywhite Family Camp 2009

Well it was time for the yearly family camp and we were excited and nervous. Excited to get away from the heat and have some relaxing and nervous because we have never taken a baby camping before. It turned out to be pretty fun even if it was a little stressful.

On Thursday morning we headed out to drive to beaver mountain and get all set up. When we got there we set up the tent and relaxed a little and took a few pictures. This is what Brenden did while we set up. He loved to eat all the little weeds that were poking up out of the ground.
Moss was going to use Brenden as a pillow because he is so fluffy but Brenden was not too excited about that.
Here we are on a first camping trip as a family just waiting for everyone else to show up.
Derek was nice and let us take his four wheeler for a ride. So Moss let me drive and he strapped the buddy to him and we drove around for a while.
After a few minutes the buddy was sound asleep. It was so cute!
Well that night it got really cold and my camera died so the rest of the pictures I had to steal from Moss' mom. Thanks!

A rain storm came in right after we were all set up. Luckily Supe and JJ were sweet and set up this huge tarp so we all had something to hang out under. You can see me the in backgroup using a shovel to get the water to fall off the side. I don't know how everyone would of survived with out my skills;)
Brenden spent most his time sitting in his camp chair. He just loved it!On Friday morning we all headed down to the lake to do some fishing and boating. Brenden was a little bit sleepy so he spent the first half sleeping.

He was sure to wake up though when it was our time to go on the boat. Our job was to following Supe around while he swam across the lake. Brenden just got strapped into his carrier and didn't make a peep once we started to row.
Brenden and Moss hanging out on the beach. Brenden has such a sweet fishing hat. Although it was a little to small whoops...Brenden loved to hang out with is Aunt Lou she was so nice to hold him when he got too heavy for us. Brenden loves her so much and plus they have the same color or hair which makes them extra good friends
We got to eat some very yummy food up there. There are some very good cooks in the Lillywhite family.

Don't worry Brenden got to eat some yummy pears too.
Moss and the boys played a sweet game of Ultimate Frisbee. They seemed like they were having lots of fun. Brenden and I liked to watch. Brenden kept trying to eat the weeds that were poking up haha. It kept him very entertained so I was happy:)

Brenden put a lot of things in his mouth over the few days. His favorite sticks...oh well I guess thats what immune systems are for right?
Moss found a pretty sweet toy while we were up there. This sweet honey! He just loved it! He would drive it around and be like a little boy on his first big wheel. He tried to get me to drive it around but I was a little to scared. A lot of our time was spent sitting in the hammock. The bud just loves to swing in anything so I figured this thing might be a life saver. It was:) Him and his cousin Zade hung out in it.

until they both fell to sleep.
Moss and I even took a turn in the hammock. I even told moss I would sing him any song he wanted. He asked me to sing a few songs, I only new one or two lines but it as still fun. For some odd reason supe didn't stick around in the hammock next to us. I guess I sing to good for him he was brought to tears or something:)
Later I took a break from being a mom...it was nice for a few minutes.
We also spent a lot of time around the fire. Brenden head was cold so I put on this sweet hat:) We are one sweet looking family!
Brenden is just so cute and loves to smile...I loved camping with my two cute boys!I think this might be the cutest/funniest picture I have ever seen. Appartnely Ellie was taken back by what someone was doing. HAHA She is so dang cute!!! Also this is a great picture of the great breakfast burritos Moss Jay and Brynn made. Yeah I didn't do much to help whoops...It was very fun to see everyone and I am glad we all got to have some fun times together. Thanks for everyone helping out with Brenden it was nice to be able to pass him around a bit and relax. Here we all are... minus Brenden he was so so sleepy in the hammock:)

4 comments:

The Key's said...

What a fun camping trip! And what a cute man you have :) The chair pictures are too cute! I'm glad he did good for you guys! He sure is dang cute!

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Can I just borrow Brenden so I can SQUEEZE him just like a chubby, softy, cute Teddy Bear? I might be the crazy aunt with the red lipstick. Camping sucks, but I'm glad you had fun:)

Haylee Caplin said...

ok brenden is so cute! I can't believe how big he's getting. Looks like a fun trip!

James and Izzy said...

Brenden is too stinkin cute!!