Friday, August 7, 2009

Yes!

With the help of my sister Joanna and her sweet parenting techniques Brenden now falls to sleep on his own in his crib:) I loved being able to rock Brenden to sleep but I was getting a little frustrated with the whole putting him in his crib after he was asleep. The process was a little tricky and I felt like I was playing the hokey pokey trying to put him in there without his waking up. On Wednesday I had had enough and gave Joanna a call. It was hard to hear him cry for about 15 minutes but he feel to sleep on his own. The next nap time was even less followed by the next. Last night I put him in there wide awake and walked out. I heard nothing and was worried he was just chilling so I waited five minutes and went in there and he was sleeping like a log:) YES!!! I am so stoked about this! I love scheldules!!! Thanks Joanna, you should write a book:)

4 comments:

The Key's said...

YAY! Happy happy day! Good work Bud! And good work Jo :) I heard about how important schedules are... So I need to remember that. Thank goodness I have a lot of help to come to when I finally have kids! ;) I'm so happy for you though! I bet that's so nice!

Unknown said...

Good job Bud! I am glad it worked for you. Schedules never really worked for us. My kids just fall asleep when and wherever they are. I bet it is nice to know when you will have some free time though! I hope it continues to work for you and your little fella!

Aaron and Bonnie said...

I'm going to have to agree that Jo should write a book. She knows EXACTLY what she is doing. Maybe that is why she gets anothern SO soon. Brenden is so cute and that is so nice he falls to sleep in his own! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Jason and Joanna said...

LOL- well thanks for the encouragement on writing a book lol... too bad i don't have that in my schedule. lol! :) But good job, Bud, I am very imnpressed that you did it, and very impressed with Brenden... it took Hailee a lot longer than that to catch on. So I guess he was ready? :) Good work!!