Sunday, March 1, 2009

"They walk and walk and walk a-n-d w-a-l-k..."

Maybe we didn't walk as far as the pioneers did but I am pretty sure it was pretty dang close! Yesterday I thought it would be fun to get on one of the city trails and go for a little walk. We loaded up the kid and headed off to the trail head kind of by Summit.
It was really nice, Brenden only cried a few times and we would swing him around then put him back in the stroller. Sometimes he would cry a little in the stroller and I would just drive crazy and he would calm down. I forgot that when Moss goes on walks he does not want to stop. We ended up walking clear to the new Dixie center, the trail you can see from the freeway by bloomignton Wal-mart. We got a drink there (totally forgot to bring a water bottle whoops) then turned around.
I never thought we were going to get home. I saw what I thought might be a short cut and so we got off the trail and walked through Bloomington hills and searched for a different trail head that we new was there somewhere. Turns out it was not a short cut at all and we most likely added about a half mile to our journey. We finnally found the trail again and I was about to die as you can see here... (maybe I exaggerated for this picture a little)Moss just kept walking as happy as can be.


I finally could spot the car with a little less than a mile left, I was so so excited!
Round trip we walked about 6 miles Moss says, I think it was more like 10 but whatever! All I know is we walked for two and a half hours straight! Moss and I both got some sun which is always nice, luckily Brenden was all covered up:)

4 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

I'm so impressed! Good job Bud!! That is a very long ways to walk, and especially without having a water bottle. Maybe that was a good thing though, cause then you didn't have to stop and pee how the Pioneer's did :) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun (even by your exaggerated picture) your lookin good!!

Keisha said...

I'm proud of you!I agree that is a long ways to walk! I watch the video on your last post!Thanks for the good laugh! Its so true! Thanks for coming to my shower! Brenden is SO cute!!

The Key's said...

Cute post Bud! Haha my favorite picture is your tired one :) It made me crack up!! I'm impressed you walked that far! :) Good job! Oh and I can't believe how big Brenden is getting! He's so cute!!

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Did you loose like 20 pounds on that walk? You look super skinny! Or maybe it's the black shirt:). I really do think you are shrinking though. Can't wait to get to that gym? I'm sure mom is excited. You did ask her right?