On Monday I went to my 6 week postpartum appointment and got the ok to resume my new normal life. This means I got to take a bath and begin to exercise:) I went to the gym with Brenden and he did really good for a little while but then got mad. I got some good exercise in and an old man even came up to me and said he admire me for being there and that everyone else had no excuse to not work out. Haha I felt pretty good about myself. Well its kind of hard to load him all up and drive to Summit and then hope he will be good so I decided that on days when we don't make it to the gym I will run while Moss gives Brenden his bath. So last night Moss and I drove around our neighborhood and figured out I needed to run around about 2 times to make it a mile. Nine o'clock came around and we got Brenden in the bath and I was off. I can't tell you how much easier it is to work out with an I-pod aw....so nice. I didn't think I was going to be able to run the whole way since its been almost a year since I ran a mile straight. But I did it! I was so proud of myslef. The whole way I was thinking "keep going so you can tell Moss you did it"! I have very little motivation for myself but for Moss I like to do cool sutff. I did it in about 11 mins. I know that is horrible but I was happy. The fastest I ever did one in high school was 8:30 so I have a lot to imporve on but for now I will just be happy I can run a mile straight!
Moss also took over reading to Brenden last night and I got some cute pictures of him...Brenden kind of looks like an inmate but thats ok we think he is pretty cute in his striped Pjs!

Brenden has been pretty crabby at random times latley so we are trying to find things to keep him busy. We have taken some walks in the back yard with this sweet thing. He will stay happy in it for about 10 minutes and then want out but at least that is ten minutes he is happy!


I would also like to do a shout out for Brenden...I have been to scared to do it in fear that if I say anything he will stop. Brenden only waked up once in the night and will be a wake for about a half hour to eat and then return to sleep. It is so nice to put him to bed between 10 and 11 and not have him wake up until 5 or 6 and then he will sleep til 9! Oh it is so so nice! Good work little guy Mom and Dad are very very Happy about this! He even slept through the night last week from 11-8. Good boy!
4 comments:
christie! you're so good at life! i cannot run for the life of ME! sincerely. and you just had a baby! high freakin' five! i love the pictures and stuff, brenden is a stud! how great!
hey. i'm probably going to set my blog to private. can i get your email so i can access you to my blog? :) thanks!
tifdawg@gmail.com
Uh I don't appreciate knowing that you just ran a mile 6 weeks after your baby was born cuz uh I'm just working on walking a mile and my baby is almost a YEAR OLD! ha but good job. Me and Courtney are trying to work out Mon at my house with WII fit and Tue we go walking at the college so if you ever want to come let me know. Plus you make me nervous running at night by yourself :S take some pepper spray!
good job bud!!
Post a Comment