Saturday, March 28, 2009

13 lbs 13 oz!

On Thursday we went to Brenden 2 months appointment. I was excited to find out how much he weighed but not excited for the shots. We got in rather quickly which was very nice and they asked us a few questions and we were off to the scale. The scaled read 13 lbs 13 oz. I thought wow thats big. The doctor came in a few minutes later and told us that he was in the 93% for his weight. Which means that only 7% of babies in the U.S. his age are fatter then him. Thats a big boy! He is now 23.5 inches long and his head is right where it is suppose to be. We discussed a few things with the Doctor about how cranky he seems to be. The only thing he could come up with is that he is just Colic. So that pretty much means he could be this angry up to 5 months and there is nothing we can do about it. Yeah thats a little depressing! I guess we will survive. The next part was the shots. Poor little guy didn't know what was coming. I held his hand and they shoved those needles in and he screamed a lot really loud for about 2 minutes and then when I picked him up he was fine. We were very excited about that. They didn't seem to bother him at all the rest of the day. This two months has definitely been quite a job but I am excited to see the new changes in him the next two months:)

2 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

that is a fat fat man!! but good job on your shots brenden!!

Keisha said...

My Nephew was the same way! It gets better!Were you or moss Colic when your were babies? He is so darn cute! and I totally agree that you made the right choice! I've been there!lol we all know that!