Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Who knew Karaoke could make you cry?

I have a bunch to say cause lots has happened this past little while but I will do a quick blog before Moss comes and picks me up. On Monday night Tiffani came over and took a tour of our house. It was so fun to see her again and be able to talk to her about all the great times we have both been having! So shout out to Tiffani for being so cool!!!
After Tiffani left I decided to sing some hardcore karaoke now that I can sing as loud as I like! It is awesome. Well I started to sing a song called "She Thinks She needs Me" by Andy Griggs. Needless to say I was singing horrible like I usually do:) and Moss came over and started to sing a few of the words it was so cute! Well I continued singing other songs the best that I could. I just have to mention I am really good at signing Maroon five songs. I guess I have a good guy voice...that's too bad. Anyway, Moss came over with the laptop and said I have a song for you to listen to. He put the song on and said but you need to dance with me. Now many of you know Moss and know that he doesn't do random things like this very often. Well we started to dance and he started to sing to me. Here are the lyrics...

She thinks I walk on water
She thinks I hung the moon
She tells me every mornin'
They just don't make men like you
She thinks I've got it together
She swears I'm as tough as nails
But I dont have the heart to tell her
She don't know me that well

(Chorus)
She don't know how much I need her
She don't know I'd fall apart
Without her kiss
Without her touch
Without her faithful lovin' arms
She don't know that its all about her
She don't know I cant live without her
She's my world she's my everything
And she thinks she needs me

Sometimes she cries on my shoulder
When she's lyin next to me
But she don't know that when I hold her
That she's really holdin' me
Holdin me

How cute is that?!?! Needless to say I started to get a little teary eyed because I love when Moss sings to me and even more when he dances with me.

I then decided to play him a song and I choose Keith Urban's song I want to love somebody like you. When we first started to hang out he told me that he loved depressing country songs so I started to listen to some country songs and came across this happy love song. I was listening to it when I decided I wanted to marry Moss so yeah that's why I love this song. I always sing all of it and then just let Moss sing the part that goes..."She teaches me to be a better Man" I love his country twang when he sings it!!!

There's a new wind blowin' like I've never known.
I'm breathin' deeper than I've ever done.
And it sure feels good, to finally feel the way I do.
I wanna love somebody,
Love somebody like you.

An' I'm lettin' go of all my lonely yesterdays.
I've forgiven myself for the mistakes I've made.
Now there's just one thing, the only thing I wanna do, mmm, mmm.
I wanna love somebody,
Love somebody like you.

Yeah, I wanna feel the sunshine,
Shinin' down on me and you.
When you put your arms around me,
You let me know there's nothing in this world I can't do.

I used to run in circles goin' no-where fast.
I'd take, uh, one step forward and two steps back.
Couldn't walk a straight line even if I wanted to, mmm, mmm.
I wanna love somebody,
Love somebody like you.

Whoa here we go now!

Yeah, I wanna feel the sunshine,
Shinin' down on me and you.
When you put your arms around me,
Well, baby there ain't nothing in this world I can't do.

Sometimes it's hard for me to understand,
But you're teachin' me to be a better man.
I don't want to take this life for granted like I used to do, no, no.
I wanna love somebody,
Love somebody like you.

I'm ready to love somebody,
Love somebody like you. Oooh.

An' I wanna love somebody,
Love somebody like you, yeah.

Oh yeah.
Oh, I wanna be the man in the middle of the night,
Shinin' like it's true.
I wanna be the man that you run to whenever I call on you
When everything that loved someone finally found it's way
Wanna be a better man
I see it in you yeah...

Afterward I opened a bottle of bubbly (just sparkling water of course) and hung out by the fire.

4 comments:

tifsong said...

this is fantastic.
bless your heart.
i want to sing some karaoke.
lets partay!

loves.

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Ohmigosh, that is so freakin' cute!! I'm pretty sure Moss LOVES YOU!!! What a cute husband you have!

Brandon and Tannya said...

Happy Birthday yesterday Christie! Hope you had a great day!

Jason and Joanna said...

How cute! Moss is such a good husband to you. I don't think you could have asked for anybody better to take care of your forever!