
This morning I had the awesome opportunity to go to the eye doctor. Usually people hate to go to any kind of doctor but I love it! Maybe its because all the attention is on me I don't know but its so fun! The only bad part is that I have to get that puff of air in my eye. That is never fun but it's only one second of discomfort and it is worth it. Moss and I finally got some health insurance so I was able to go and have it not cost one billion dollars. For the last few days I have been wearing my glasses that I got in 9th grade and needless to say they were not very updated to my current prescription. I could barley see much of anything that was far away but it got me through the days until my appointment. Anyways when I got there he was asking me how my contacts were working for me and I said just fine. He said ok we will see about that. I go into the dark room, Moss says thats why I loved to go is because I get to be alone in a dark room with a guy...whatever Moss!!:) He did a few test and in a couple minutes I was completely blind. I was a little confused about that but after my eyes had gotten used to all the lights and weird things he was doing to them I could see again kind of. He showed me my current prescription of contacts compared to what a normal person is seeing and holy cow! The first words out of my mouth were "Is this really what normal people see?". He laughed and said yes. I remember feeling this feeling when I first got contacts 3 years ago but my eyes have slowly gotten worse and I got used to it. The first time I wore them back in 10th grade I never knew that this world was so pretty! God certainly did a good job at making normal people who can see well! Moss probably thinks I am really weird because every time we go outside I just stop and look around. I try to explain to him what it is like but he doesn't understand cause he has like perfect vision. I even squinted his eyes really tight and said this is what I see. He didn't much appreciate that...jk he is a good sport. I tried to look around and give you an idea of what i see but I couldn't find anything so just as a gage you can look at the chart at the top...I cannot see clearly anything below the 20/50 line while I am siting 20 feet away. Good times huh? Thank goodness for Dr. Croft! I even got new lenses for my glasses too:) Yes! They said because my prescription was going up my lenses would be a lot thicker but if I paid extra I could get thinner ones. I decided on the thinner ones so I don't look to nerdy and make people think I am really smart. We wouldn't want any of that.
2 comments:
christie! i need to get glasses!
i haven't been able to see my whole life, but the doctor said i could, so my parents never believed me! i need to go back in and get my eyes checked out. i wake up with a headache everyday, and my squinting is horrible and horrific all at once.
so go you for gettin it done!
golly jeepers.
I too HATE the "puff of air"! Yippeee for new glasses!
Post a Comment