Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

Moss and I had a very Merry Christmas this year! We spent a lot of time driving to and from different families houses but it was worth it. On Christmas Eve we started out at Moss' parents house where we had a very good Christmas dinner with some of the family. I didn't get any pictures but it sure was good. Next we headed over to my parents house where we had lots of appetizers and a little program where the kids sang. Madison even did a sweet solo.
We even got a family pictures. Don't we look lovely:)
Afterward we exchange gifts with each other. This year Moss and I got to buy for Russell:) We searched and searched for something good and came up with the game "Would you rather" and a book entitled "You might be a redneck if this is the biggest book you ever read". It has a bunch of the redneck jokes. Russ thought it was pretty funny so we did a good job I think.

Timmy and Trini had us this year and Moss got a usb drive that holds a bunch of stuff. I got a clock that is really big and cute. I am excited to hang it up. We also got Uno attack which we played for an hour later that night. It is really fun.

Brenden had Cam this year ( I know he isn't born yet but it evened it out for him to have someone) and gave him some blocks. Doesn't he look excited?

Later on I was walking around and Cam was playing with this zip tie and he thought they were sunglasses, it was pretty funny.

After celebrating with the family Moss and I headed home to have our own little Christmas Eve. Moss opened one present, but this is all you can see of it:)

We then headed to bed and chatted for about an hour because we couldn't sleep from being so excited for the next day to give each other our gifts. I had a BIG surprise for Moss!

On Christmas day I woke up at 6:15 and couldn't go back to sleep, I kept playing with Moss hair and moving around hoping he would wake up enough to want to get out of bed. I was not so lucky though he made me stay in bed until 7. We finally headed out to the living room to start our Christmas morning:) This is what it looked like... The cardboard box was covering a really cute toy box moss got me to paint for
We each took turns opening one gift...

Moss got a Nut Cracker and I got the game Sorry. We have already played it twice both winning one game.
Moss got a book called "The boys guide on how to be the best at everything" Brenden gave it to him:)

I got a make-up kit to last me forever! I am really excited!


Moss got a 27" pool table that has everything you need to really play pool!
I got a little digital camcorder to keep in my diaper bag. It will record up to 2 hours at a time. It will be perfect for catching cute things the baby does!

We elected this as the best wrapped present. Moss called it a giant spit wad. It had a really cute sweater from Aeropostale in it:)
Moss got two different book gifts too.
The first and second volume of commentary on the Book of Mormon.




I got some barbie cereal so good and sugary. When we were younger we used to get boxed cereal so moss thought he would bring back the tradition. I was very happy he did!I saved the best present for last. Moss had NO IDEA what it was going to be and he has been wanting one of these ever since they came out. I wrapped in a really big box and added some rice into it so it would feel heavier. I had been keeping this secret for a really long time and was about to burst. Moss was so confused when he pulled out the rice, he was like thanks honey...Then he found a little present wrapped and unwrapped it and he found an Ipod Touch. He face was priceless. I got it on film so don't you worry. We each did each others stockings with Santa's help, moss did a really good job. Swiss cheese and a Lunchable my favorites!!!

After we were done Moss synced his Ipod and we were on our way to Moss' parents house.
We got some really cute blankets for Brenden, a calendar and some sweet leopard slippers for me:) We also got a notebook with pictures and the genealogy for 4 generations back. It is really cool to look through and see where Moss came from.

We also got supe a action figure from princess bride.
We got Bean a magnetic dude to make your own road signs.

Genghis (the cat) got this sweet sweater that I think makes him look like he is headed into Harvard or something.We had a yummy breakfast there and then headed over to my parents house. We hung out there for awhile until everyone got there and then we gave our parents there gift. These sweet bikes! They were really excited so that is good. Moss and I tested them out and they are pretty fun.
We then hung out for awhile longer, Moss played this state puzzle with Madison and I roamed around aimlessly like usual:)
We had a very good Christmas and am now just waiting for Brenden to get here. I have had one contraction:)

4 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

That is pretty amazing that we got a family picture. Madison's hair looks beautiful in it! haha! Sounds like you guys had a fantastic Christmas... next year will be way fun with Brenden here. I wonder what was in the Ho Ho Ho bag.....

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Probably something that would make her a ho ho ho if she wasn't married.........I'm so Freakin' Funny!!! Yeah, about that family picture....My kids look homeless and Moss looks 10 feet tall! NICE! Merry Christmas! Yeah, Christmas will be great next year. Brenden will enjoy the wrapping paper.

kwBALE family said...

looks like you guys had tons of fun! moss is a lucky guy to get an ipod touch! what a great wife! and i still need to come over and drop your stuff that your house. I am sorry, I've been busy.

The Key's said...

Such a cute post! I love Christmas :) Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! It was a fun one :) Just counting down the days now for Brenden to get here!!