Friday, May 23, 2008

What The?!?!?!

I know you all know what I am talking about when I say there is nothing like the feeling of having a long week of work and finally being able to sleep in on a Saturday morning. Moss and I had that feeling last week and were very much looking forward to the blessed event of dreaming away until about 10 or so...(haha a Lillywhite sleep in that long I think not!) So there we were right... sleeping away when all the sudden we hear a bang of some sort. Moss and I looked at each other a little confused and still sleepy. We then say that was weird and try to fall back to sleep. Not a minute later and we hear it again but this time like 6 times in a row. Moss was thinking the pool guys had forgot they were not suppose to come anymore and where messing with stuff in the back yard, I was thinking that Supe was bugging us cause he wanted us to come hiking with them early in the morning. We both got up and look around but to no avail. There was nothing to be seen. Well we could not go back to sleep after this so we decided to clean the bathroom. I love how in our house its always been that one of us will start cleaning and then the other will follow. I hate hearing or saying "It is time to clean". I think its a scar from my childhood or something I am not sure. What do you think sisters? Anyways Moss heres the bang again and open the shutters on the window in our bathroom and there it is, the reason for our anger and sleepiness. A stupid bird trying to fly into our house. You would think after trying to go the same place like 10 times and getting stopped you would give up but no not this bird. I heard once a really good definition for Stupid is doing the same thing over and over and expecting to get a new result. I figure well I might as well get something good out of this so I ran for the camera but with no luck I could not get it fast enough. You would think that was the end but no... Later that afternoon Moss yelled for me to come to his office. On my way in I heard that annoying banging sound again and I was fast enough this time. Mostly because the bird sat there for like 5 minutes just looking in the window. You can tell by the picture he seems pretty angry about something.

Then he just started for fly again and hit the window several times.
Sometime he wouldn't even fly but just flap his wings really hard and stare at us.
The next few mornings we had the same problem, I really wanted to punch the bird in the face but I decided against that, his beak is pretty sharp. The moral of the story is....don't keep doing the same thing over and over if it is not working or you will look like an idiot and probably end up with a big headache:)

2 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

Haha! I still think that is funny! And to answer your question... yes, I think that is a phrase from our childhood that will forever haunt us! I hate it when Jason says it... I cringe! Well, good luck with your bird!

tifsong said...

that bird is pretty rad.
one time, a bird got in house, christie.
just flying and pooing away.

it was horrible.
you're funny though, you make me laugh out loud.

all the time.