
We ran the first mile pretty good, which I was surprised because when I got work out in the mornings at Summit I usually walk for a tenth of the mile in the middle but I ran the whole thing. I know that is lame but every since High School I have not been to good at running. The next mile Nicole starting to cramp up cause it was pretty hot outside so we decided to walk for while, and then I started cramping up and Bonnie just kept right on running like a machine haha. We walked most of the second mile and then after we started to feel better we ran the whole last mile. About halfway through the last mile Bonnie came running back after us haha yeah she is the oldest out of us all and she still kicked our butts haha.
I am really glad I did it because now I know I can. When I went to the gym this morning I ran two miles without stopping at all that is really good for me, once I get into my rhythm I am fine I figure out.
After the 5 K I felt really good about myself, I even sprinted the last leg of it. Bonnie was a running champ and I am pretty sure she could of ran it twice in the time I did. My final time was about 34 minutes. I got third in my age group. The coolest part though was I GOT A MEDAL. Yup, a real life medal. I was pretty proud of myself. Ok, so it was just a finishing medal but I still thought it was cool and walked around the rest of the day wearing it. Moss thought it was really funny and his family thought I was weird.
Moss was so proud of me, although he refused to come cheer me on, I don't know why this was a huge race, I mean 3 miles that is a long time:) Love ya Honey!
Bonnie and my sisters and Mom are going to do another one the end of this month but I am going to be up North at Jays wedding so I will just have to wait for another one to come up! I will keep ya posted!
5 comments:
Congrats! It does feel nice to finish a race and know that you can actually do it! Wanna run a half marathon in may? I have just started training! You could train too!
That is like the FUNNIEST post EVER!!!! I'm glad you make me sound so freakin' cool! Yeah, do that half marathon! That would be sweet. I would come cheer you on for that one and.........I would drag Moss. Cool pictures, I love the one of your sweet face-what we really looked like when we were running!
Good job! I'm way proud of ya Bud! You are so funny... but good job on your run! I love your sweet pictures, good job on that too! (And the new background is awesome). Good job Bud!
Christie! Woo Woo! Congratulations! That seriously is cool! Good job. You should ask Moss about the Turkey Trot we ran together early one morning. I don't do morning workouts. You guys look cute in the pictures. Bonnie is more of a skinny bean than ever. You are all babes!
Way to go! I'm proud of ya!! And I forgot that I totally have your email on my visiting teaching list :)
Post a Comment