Friday, February 12, 2010

What mommy's don't like...

Brenden has had a really bad cough on and off since October and his Doctor decided it was time to step up the medication. That meant we had to start using a nebulizer. I was not very excited about it because it just looks sad and I didn't think he would sit still long enough. The first night we used it like this...(don't mind the paint on my face we had just got done helping out at Timmy's house.)
It was really sad to see him with a mask on. He seemed ok with it for awhile but then started to get bugged. The next thing we new he was projectile vomiting all over me. I started to freak out a bit and Moss was a good dad and did some research. Later we got a hold of his doctor and he said that it was odd for him to throw up and maybe it was cause he had ate a lot before. He told us to try again the next night and see how he did. I refused to do it this time so Moss offered. We tried out a different piece this time and Brenden actually thought it was pretty cool and wanted to keep it in his mouth long after it was done.

We did it again tonight and he was so excited for it. So all and all it is not as bad as I thought it would be but I will still be happy when he is all better:) The doctor says he might have a form of asthma that luckily might only last while he is little.

5 comments:

Jolene and Ty said...

Jaxton went through the same thing(minus the throw up) in november and finally got over his cough around new years and he had the nebulizer also. His Dr. said the same thing about the asthma too! Interesting...

Bryan and Lou Anne Randall said...

Poor guy! We hope he feels better soon!

Julene said...

Sadness...poor little boogey cheeks...poor Mom and Dad. But so cute that he likes the second one and is excited for it! What a good sport. I think I need those for me and Noah...we've had a cold forever it seems like. I hope Brenden gets better soon.

P.S. Do you think the throw up is a defense mechanism? I swear Noah barfed on me on purpose once to get his way and my friend's kid barfs on demand like once a day to try to get out of naps and stuff. Crazy!

The Key's said...

Poor guy! Oh that makes me so sad for him. I hope he gets better soon! I'm down this week so I hope I see you and your little man :) You're such a cute mom!

Stout Family said...

Oh im so sorry that is aweful and sad and stressful! Hope he feels much better!