Sunday, January 3, 2010

Crème brûlée

Moss got another urge to make something totally random so on New Years Eve he made Crème brûlée. I was a little nervous at first as to how it would turn out but Moss was determined to make it great. He went to the store picked up a few things we didn't have and got to work.

We didn't have any of the proper dishes to make it in so we used our little mugs instead. It worked pretty good!


Moss heated up the water in our sweet new microwave. We got a new one because a few days ago I tried to heat up some cookies and the whole microwave was filled with smoke! It was pretty crazy! I am just glad it didn't explode and we didn't have to fork out the money:)

After many hours of waiting they were finally done, well almost.

Moss than made the sugar glaze.

Put it on and they were ready to eat.

I was a little worried about how they would taste but then I smelled one and it smelled pretty good. I took a bit and it was amazing! It seriously was way good!

Brenden loved it to and ate almost half of mine.

The cook even like it, thats always a good sign.

4 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

looks delicious! maybe y'all should make those for dessert on a sunday dinner day?

Lillypad Good Times said...

I guess he's a chip off the old block. Paul has always been a great cook and willing to try new things. It's nice to have a man like that around the house!

The Key's said...

Those do look delicious! Good work :) And I agree with Jo -- could we do it on a day when we're in town though ;) Kidding! How fun that Moss likes to cook such delicious things!

Julene said...

Impressive Moss'n! Brenden looks like he is in heaven! So cute!