Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Our Weekend

This weekend our little family had lots of fun together. On Friday Moss found out that he was going to be one guard short for the triathlon on Saturday. So me being the good wife that I am I, I volunteered. Good thing I have sat through about 30 CPR classes and 4 Lifeguard classes. I have a hard time being apart from Moss if you can't tell. Luckily my Mom agreed to watch Brenden so at 4:45 in the AM. Moss and I were headed out to Sand Hollow. I was very excited, this being my first one and all. Moss was not so much yet. All my family thinks that I am not a morning person, but actually now that I get to wake up next to my Mossy I am very happy in the mornings:) It went very well and it was a lot of fun. I am excited to help next year and maybe bring the Bud and just watch Daddy work.

Later after Nicole's shower and getting some much needed rest we swung by and got Derek and headed up to the cabin in Pine Valley for dinner and a movie and some good chats. Brenden and Derek spent some time on the swing and he had his first Cheeto. That was nice of Uncle Derek. Brenden just loves his Uncle Derek. And Derek seems to enjoy him too and always wants to play with him.
Moss was our chef for the evening and made us some very yummy hamburgers and some even yummier raspberry cobbler!Just us looking cute together:)Playing a little v-ball with Derek. Yeah we are going to do doubles in the Olympics...Later we went on a walk and on the way home we found this sweet creature.
We had no idea what it was. It freaked me out a little bit. Later I showed by mom a picture and she says it's a real tomato bug or something to that effect. We thought it was a cross between an ant and a termite and a crazy thing.

We then watched a movie on this sweet honey... haha I love old cabins:)Brenden just loves his bottle and blanket.

5 comments:

Keisha said...

Looks like a fun weekend!!That is a sweet tv at your families cabin!:) I can't get over how cute Brenden is!! Oh and good job being a life gaurd!You are a good wife! Did you find anything sweet at swiss days? Glad I ran into you guys!

Julene said...

Haha! That morning picture of Moss'n is freakin' hillarious! Brenden has such a cute smile with his "Uncle Derek"! That bug is freaky! My sister-in-law put a picture of the same kind of bug on her blog...I think they saw it camping in Pine Valley! Crazy!

Jason and Joanna said...

very impressed that you got up so early! but i guess if you are waking up with your "mossy" there is no reason not to be happy! ya, that is a pretty ugly bug! brenden is a cute man!

The Key's said...

Way fun weekend! Thanks for the shower - It was seriously so nice!! And you look dang cute for 430 in the morn! Good work :) I love time up at the cabin. Except for the bugs - that is one nasty thing! Glad you guys had a fun time!

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Yeah, I think that is called a potatoe bug. However, I may be wrong! You do look cute in your lifeguard giddy-up. Good thing your mom is a good grandma!