Thursday, January 29, 2009

Labor Story

On Tuesday morning at 6:15 we got the call to head into the hospital so we hopped in the car and headed off.
When we got to the hospital they hook me up to all this random stuff and come to find out I was already having contractions that were 3 mins apart and pretty big, I had no idea. They checked me and I was at a three same as last appointment. They did put some pitocin in me to make sure they kept coming and get there more intense and closer together. After we were all set up Moss and I tried to sleep but we to anxious so we watch the Office instead. At about 9 Bonnie my mom and Joanna showed up to keep us company. The day went by pretty fast to me actually and I don't remeber the exact order everything went in but I will try. When I got to about a 4 plus I could feel the contractions and they were getting a litte intense. I could handle them pretty good but I didn't want to get my epidural too late or not get my monies worth so I ask for that. Getting the epidural was not too fun for me. I hate not feeling normal and not in control of my body so when I started to feel really relaxed and tingly I had a hard time with it but Moss and my Mom were able to calm me down while Bonnie kept chatting away with the Dr to try and keep me concintrated on here. I had a VERY good support team there that is for sure. I was able to calm down thankfully within about a half hour thanks to some good old epoidoes of "Friends" to get my mind back on track. I pretty much just closed my eyes and would listen and laugh. It's pretty easy when you have seen the whole series about ten times. Ben came to visit for awhile that was fun, he got to learn all about labor, probably a lot more than he wanted. It was nice to have people there to keep me distrated. My awesome husband Moss was so so cute. They don't let you eat much of anything while you are there and Moss new that I was going to be sad about that and so everytime Bonnie asked if he wanted any food he would say no thanks. I thought he was just nervous but come to find out through Bonnie later he was texting her saying he didn't want to eat in front of me but was really hungry, poor kid. Bonnie finally figured out what he wanted to eat and Moss would pretty much sneak eating it. When I figured out what was going on I told him it was okay I wasn't really even hungry. Thats pretty much how Moss was the whole time. I sure do love him!

Around noon or so I got to start wearing this sweet thing and getting some good oxygen, I told myslef I woud not be scared of it becuase usually I would be I was so proud of myslef that I didn't freak out:) Go me!

Well I slowly made it to a nine about 4:30ish and thats when the epidural seem to start to not work so well. I could feel the contrations in the front and the back, the dude came in and gave me another dose but it didn't seem to help at all. I tried to just breathe through them the best I could and hoped the end was near. I know I look pretty no need to be jealous (Bonnie thought it was nessicary to get this picture).I started to feel some pressue and my crew let the nurses know and my Dr. came in and check me and said ok you can start pushing I will be in my office, haha that was a little weird. So everyone but Moss and the nurses headed out and the hard work began. I have played a lot of sports in my life and ran really long and hard before but it was nothing in comparision. I seriously could not wait until the lady reached number ten, I will admit I didn't make it to the ten everytime, I tried but it was hard. The worst part is when you have an epidural you can't really tell what you are pushing and if you are doing it right at all. I kept asking if I was making any progress and the nurses were like uh yeah... I was not convinced until Moss started to say that he could see his head. Then I had the energy to keep going after pushing for about 40 mins the Dr came in and said ok lets do this and started to cheer me on. That definitly got me to push. Moss was a great leg holder and coach. He kept cheering me on and making sure I was doing ok. They left the door open and just put the sheet over the door so all our family outside could hear what was going on. I loved it cause I could hear Bonnie and Joanna cheering me on. Thanks guys!!! After pushing a few times the Dr asked if it was ok to do an episiotomy cause Brendens heart rate was going down, I was like sure whatever he needs. I was just glad he didn't mention a c-sections since two other women had had one that day. After he made the cut on the next push Brenden was out. It was so surreal. The whole I was thinking is this really happening. They set him on my chest and I just bawled, I didn't think I would but I did I was so exausted, happy, scared and felt so blessed. Moss just kept saying Thank you, to me. It was so cute! They then took him away to do all of the stuff they do and I just watched as Moss watched over our litte guy. Bonnie came in and started to video record as they did all the stuff to Brenden, I am really excited to have that on tape.Both the Grandmas slipped in to see him and then Moss showed everyone him through the curtain. He came out a very hungry boy which was very good:)
Here is our first family photo...

After I was all put back together everyone came in and took some pictures with him. Later on Timmy and Trini and Heather came to visit but the camera was put away. Whoops.

We stayed in the Hospital that night and then packed up and came home yesterday about 3.

These are my boys...

When we got home Bonnie and Joanna had done this thanks guys

We also got these flowers from everyone at Moss work.

Last night was an adeventure and I think he can only get better. He is a really good baby really but Moss and I are still trying ot figure it all out. We got some good tips from Bonnie today that we will try tonight and see how it turns out. Moss is such an amazing dad and takes him all the time and makes sure I get enough sleep. I am so grateful for him and how sensitive he is to my needs. I do not know what I did to deserve him but I am glad I did it. It's hard to get used to all the changes but we are taking it one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time:) This is what Brenden is up to now...

7 comments:

The Gates said...

Oh you were totally making me baby hungry until I read the part about last night was adventure, ha. I was just thinking I wonder how your night went and if anyone stayed over. Oh the first little while is so surreal, and scary and exciting, and confusing! Really though if you need anything, let me know! When do you want dinner?

Montana Blakes said...

Congratulations! I'm glad it all went well. I LOVED the shot of you with the mask that Bonnie took. One thing we figured out at night is that if you change the diaper before feeding them, it helps them settle back down again to sleep. Not always possible if they poop while you feed them or just after, but when you can do it before, it helps. They get to the point (in a month or so) that they quit pooping at night so you don't have to change them anymore, just feed them. GOOD LUCK! Love, Ana
PS I have some pictures of you when I stayed a summer with your family in 1989--you were a toddler. I'll work on getting them scanned so you can see them.

The Key's said...

You did SO great Christie - I really was so impressed the whole time at how calm you were and how well you did. (I told everyone when its my turn I'll probably just be screaming lol) But you did great!! He is SO cute and I cannot tell you how happy I am for you and Moss. You are going to be such great parents! Can't wait to see Brenden soon :) Congrats!!

Julene said...

WooWoo! Congratulations you guys! Love the pictures...can't wait to see more. It sounds like you both did a great job! Ferf once told me that she had some friends that hated the newborn stage, but that she loved it. I decided I would love it too and I do. It is really challenging, but it is the precious first moments of your babies life and they grow up incredibly quickly. Noah isn't even 2 months old yet and he's already turning "a baby" instead of "a newborn", if you know what I mean. Oh man, more Juge advice...will it ever stop? :)

Aaron and Bonnie said...

That was a great baby story!! I think you and Moss did so good, and I loved how Moss was scared to eat in front of you! What a good husband. I'm so glad things are getting better for you and your two boys. I'm always here, call if you need ANYTHING!! That is if you aren't already here:)

tifsong said...

YAY! when can I come meet him? and can i take baby pictures soonish!? while he's still brand new?

Jeremy and Kim Laidlaw said...

CONGRATS MOSS AND BUD. he is so cute!! i love all his little faces. good luck with sleep