Sunday, February 1, 2009

First Few Days

Thursday:

On Thursday night Moss's family came over to meet Brenden, so he got a little dressed up.He pretty much just loves to be held, and kick back and relax. He even kept the shoes on for almost an hour before kicking them off. He loved to meet his new cousins, and is excited to be big enough to play with them.

Friday:
On Friday, Christie woke up with a temperature of 102, and the Dr. said he wanted to see her. So, we all loaded up and headed in. Turned out that Christie just has a really bad cold, and there is no need to worry. Later that day we went to Brenden's first Dr. appointment at 4:00. He was so excited to get out of the house. We didn't get in to see the Dr. till about 5:30 so Brenden was not happy and screamed the whole time. I hate waiting at the Dr.'s office. The Dr. did say he is doing just great and gave us some precautions to take to help him not catch our colds.
Saturday:
On Saturday night Brenden was a little restless, so we turned on some music and danced in the living room. He seemed to enjoy it.Sunday:

Now it is Sunday morning, and we were able to get some pictures of Brenden and his favorite faces. The one he does most often is his concerned face. We think he is contemplating what this crazy world is about--but maybe that's just how his face is.
This is his look as if he knows something we don't know.
He is getting really good at winking. (Or maybe he other eye was just stuck)

We do not know who he got this from but he came out sporting this sweet mullet:)
And last but not least, and one of my favorites, his half smile.
Things are starting to get a bit easier, although he still eats about every 1 1/2 hours for about 45 minutes. Christie thinks she ate too much while he was inside of her and now he is used to that. The nights are beginning to be a little bit more predictable, and Christie has found a new bed in the recliner.

Two nights ago when Christie was really sick, I volunteered to take night duty. We did pretty good and Christie got quite a bit of sleep and started feeling much better. We are glad neither of us has to do this alone.

Thanks for all the well wishes and comments. We really appreciate the support.

8 comments:

Aaron and Bonnie said...

Those are the cutest dang pictures.....I think it's time for Moss to go back to work so I can get back to my old job of entertaining Christie, and now Brenden too!! I miss them....

The Gates said...

He's so cute! I love the shoes and the half smile. He sounds just like Iyrlend with his eating schedule, it will get better it really will I thought she was going to never calm down with her eating. Are you giving him formula as well, just cuz I would imagine that's how moss did the night duty?

The Key's said...

Oh my heck - what a cute baby you have!! I love all the pictures :) I'm glad things are going pretty good!! Sounds like you have a great support system :) And you know I'm always here as well if you ever need anything!! Hopefully you're both getting good sleep - and feel better soon!!

The Gates said...

So I didn't start giving Iyrlend formula till she was a few months old cuz everyone made me so nervous that if I gave her formula or a bottle she wouldn't nurse as well. So it seems like she ate all the time till then but I know it got better before that, I just am not sure when. I hated pumping cuz whenever I got a break from nursing I didn't want to have to sit there pumping so that's good you're doing formula now cuz I think when they eat that much, that good, and that soon they do fine going back and forth. But it just seems like you're constantly nursing for a while at first and I wanted to quit so many times but I'm glad I didn't it really was worth it for me. So convenient and cheap but it's not worth it for everyone.

The Gates said...

oh and I liked how you said you think you ate too much while you were prego and he's use to that cuz uh that's what I was thinking about my pregnancy too. Oh and does he nap at all? Cuz Iyrlend didn't and still doesn't so that's another reason why I felt like I was always nursing!

The Gates said...

oh and one more thing....ha maybe I just email you but, they always say you'll just know when they're done cuz they'll stop nursing but that was not the case with Iyrlend she would still nurse all day if I didn't stop her so I finally just would time it and cut her off after so long so that I could actually function.

tifsong said...

That kid is so handsome! I am so excited for you two and all the wonderful adventures you have ahead of you!

Jason and Joanna said...

You have a cute little man there! So cute! Sounds like things are getting better, and I'm so happy they are! What a good little daddy Moss is to take him that night for you to get some rest... and what a good mommy you are to stay up with your baby. Good luck bud and moss! let me know what I can do to help.