Sunday, September 14, 2008

So Many Parks!!!Who Knew?

Moss and I were just sitting around yesterday trying to find something to do and Moss decided we should go visit all of the parks run by the city of St. George so I would know where to take our kids when they get that age. I love to drive around this town and I like parks so I figured it should be pretty fun.Moss foudn all the address and printed up a page then we packed up our camera, GPS and some water bottles and headed out. The first park on our list was the 100 east park that is located right next to Harmon's. It is a good little park to go to and play volleyball cause it has pretty good lights, other than that its a pretty normal park.The park we headed to next was the Black Hills park which ironically enough is located on the black hill right next to the airport. This park is a little different because it does not have any toys, sand or anything besides grass and a picnic table. I would recommend this park for a late night dinner where you can over look the city and not be annoyed by anyone else being there playing around. Moss said that this is where his parents go a lot for their dates so I think its a pretty good place.Next of the list was the Shadow Mountain Park. Moss had never heard about this park before and frankly I don't think he believed me that it existed. The reason he may have felt this way was because when we put the address in the GPS, Mandi (thats the voices name on the GPS) lead us to some neighborhood and not to the park. I then told Moss I knew of a park in Shadow Mountian, but I wasn't sure if it was the city park or if it was just a neighborhood one. Either way we decided to head over there. So I lead Moss to the park and right when we got there he said this park is pretty sweet.

We decided to take a little extra time at this park and look around. I told Moss about a pond that some of my friends swan in once that I hoped was still there and we walked around trying to find it. Finallly after walking across a grassy field that I am pretty sure is a mile long we found it! It was a bit more mossy then I remember and I probably wouldn't ever let anyone swim in it now but it was still cool. The best part about this place was I found HERMAN! Yup I did, my duck that flew away a few months ago (ok maybe it wasn't him but it makes me feel good to think it is) Right when he saw me he swam over and walked right up to me and seemed really excited to be around me again, Moss said that its because he thought we had food, I disagree:) The interesting this was that there was not even any other white ducks like him just two other brown ones so obviously it hadn't grown up there, I guess we will never know. When we started to leave he started to chase me with wings all flapping and everthing. I am not even exagerating, ask Moss he will agree! On the way back Moss said that this would be a good park to bring Brenden to learn how to ride his bike or lots of other things. I would highly reccomend this park to anyone who wants room to run around weather just by themselves or with a big group of people. It has a good play ground, a huge sand box, Bathrooms, drinking fountains, Sand Volleyball, picnic tables in shade and a sweet track to ride your bike around and oh I can't forget HERMAN! Do me a favor if you go please take some bread or something for my friend he will love you so much:)
Mathis park was the next park we headed to it was cool becuase both Moss and I would go there a lot as kids and play in the river and we even both had soccer games there at one point or two in our lives. Sadly since the floods a few years back it had been changed a lot, there is no river to play in anymore that you can get to easily and there isn't as much grassy area. It is still a good park though that has a shaded pinic area, bathrooms, drinking fountains, huge grassy field and something really cool a shaded playgroung area that is pretty new.



At this point in our journey we has decided that Shadow Mountain was probably the coolest park we were going to find, boy were we wrong. On our way to the bloomington hills park we saw a new park that is just of Dixie Drive next to where all the houses fell in during the floods. We decided to take a detour and stop off and see what this park had to offer. We had no idea what fun we were about to have. First off it has cute little benches that swing that you can sit on and cuddle with someone or just enjoy for some alone time by yourself. Next to get down to the play ground you can walk across some netted thing that is actually kind of scary. We started to look around and noticed that we had no idea what kind of toys we surronding us. Nothing at all look familiar. It all look totoally AWESOME! We first went to these swings where one person sits on one side and then you sit on the other and your weight makes you swing back and forth, its kind of scary actaully but totally fun!Next Moss found this skateboard thing that you could probably kill yourself on really easily, seriously. It has a place that you can climb up to the tippy top and ride down on it, so scary!

Moss then saw this and figured you were suppose to run on it as fast as you can, it moves to so you get going pretty fast and he fell off a few times but didn't wine too much he is a big boy!

We then tried out this things that let you spin around and around you get so dizzy but it is so awesome!The last ones that we tried were these bucket seats that you sit in and give your self a little push and then your weight takes over and you get going so freaking fast that you are pretty sure you are going to fly out or puke. We were so dizzy after wards.

This park is pretty much like going to an amusment park for free and not having to deal with the lines or too many lame people. Other things that is has it a climbing wall, titter totter things, really upgraded slides, shaded picnic area bathrooms and drinking fountians. This is by far our favorite park ever!!!We couldn't find a sign to take a picture of sorry!

Eventually we had to leave that park behind but don't worry we will be going back really soon. We kept on driving down the road to Tonaquint park. Once again since th flood a lot of it has been washed away but they have a lot of cool new tennis courts there and even a sweet nature walk that Moss and I are going to go back and do when its not so hot out side. It has a normal playground with bathrooms and drinking fountains. And by far the coolest sign!


We next headed to Bloomington park, where Moss and I have both spent many hours playing sports and Moss doing sports medicine for all sorts of things. This park is a good old fashion park that has baseball fields and basketball courts and a lot of parking.The last Park we made it to before we had to leave for dinner in pine valley was the Petroglyph park out in Bloomington. This park is a good park if your kids like dirt and you want to see some petroglph without having to do any hiking. If you want to do anything other than that I wouldn't suggest finding a different park.It was so much fun to go around to lots of different parks we only made it to 9 on the parks on our list and we have about 19 more to go. I will keep you updated next time we go out for now if you would like go visit some parks and let me know what you think! Thanks Moss for always coming up with fun things for us to do so I don't go crazy sitting around!

5 comments:

The Gates said...

I love that you guys went to parks. Whenever I'd be with people in high school and everyone was bored I'd be like let's go to a park sometimes it would be fine other times they got the wrong idea ha so they didn't have much fun ;). Any way I want to go to that new park so bad I have seen it from the road actually I didn't notice it forever but once I did I wanted to go and I had no idea it had all that sweet stuff. I say we go for a date night and soon we can go for a play date with our kiddies! Yahoo!!

tifsong said...

Hey! I love this idea! you TWO always do super fun things! I love Mathis Park! I was so sad when it washed away.I'm glad you take so many pictures too! I know I've mentioned it a million times, but really you won't regret the pictures, you're documenting your life! your kids are going to LOVE looking at these pictures someday....:)also, i'm glad there are other people out there that take as many pictures as i do! i don't feel as much like a crazy camera holding maniac...

Anonymous said...

That park off Dixie Dr is awesome! We took our little bros and neices for FHE one night and I played like a little kid!! I think adults have just as much fun as the little kids do!

Jason and Joanna said...

looks like you guys had such a fun time!! why does this not surprise me that you would do something like that? haha! If I need advice on parks, i'll come to you!!

Jenni Bringhurst :0 said...

Awe man that looks pretty much amazing! I'm going to have to go to your parks and rummage through all the awesome stuff that you say!