Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Weekend at the Cabin

Last week after Moss got off work we headed up to the Cabin the Pine Valley. Moss was so excited he couldn't stand it. It was pretty to watch. On the way up we picked up some good camping food, at KFC then made our trip and arrived.

After getting settled we got all our warm clothes on and went on a drive out to the lake to take a walk. Once we got there it was so dark and I swear the moon was not shining and light on the situation. Moss said it's ok just get out of the car and your eyes will adjust. Reluctantly I did and we started to walk towards the lake. I kept waiting and waiting but I could not see anything! So there I was walking blinding attached to Moss' arm towards a freezing cold body of water. Awesome right? At least Moss thought it was pretty right? We hung out on the dock for about two minutes until I convinced Moss it was too scary and we headed back to the car.Back at the cabin we watched the movie Up and then went and got some Dessert and the restaurant up there. It was a cute little place, they even has some people singing and playing the guitar. We got some apply pie and some fried stuff to share. The mozzarella sticks were really good but then they had like fried mushrooms which were pretty gross.

When we got back we played some Uno. Brenden wanted to play too so by the middle of the game the cards were scattered everywhere. Moss and I just had to remember what the class card was before Brenden grabbed it. It was pretty funny.

We then headed to bed. Brenden slept pretty good which was very nice. Luckily there was a rocking chair up there to rock him to sleep. I don't know where it came from but oh well it worked.

In the morning we made some pancakes and has a yummy breakfast.
Brenden kept trying to escape the cabin and once he actually made it all the way outside.

We then headed home to have some weekend here at home. It was a fun quick get away. We are excited for when Pine Valley gets some good layers of snow so we can use our cross county skies we just bought. That should be an adventure:)

P.S. Usually Brenden is pretty good when it comes to smiling at the camera but this trip he did not do so good. It seemed every picture I took he looked like a weirdo... haha. Here are some examples...

3 comments:

Aaron and Bonnie said...

That is so funny. Remember when I took like 20 pictures of Brayden and he looked just like that? It must be the Key in them. It looks like you had lots of fun at the Cabin. Hey, what about the picture of your "thing 1"? I'm excited for that one!!!

The Key's said...

Even though he's pulling funny faces he's still such a cutie! I'm glad you guys were able to get away for a day :) Cabins are always so relaxing!!

Joanna said...

looks like you guys had a blast! I'm glad brenden slept pretty good for you- that makes nights so much better! that's pretty funny your dude made it outside- i guess he is officially mobile? those are some sweet pictures, good thing he is cute!