We were in much need of a vacation this year and were very excited to get away. However, we were very scared to take Brenden on a long trip. He seems to hate his car seat recently and we did not know how it was going to go. We headed out on Sunday morning about 11 o'clock about the time he was ready for his nap. It worked out really good. He slept clear until Nephi! Thats a long nap for our little boy. I was very very excited. The whole time we were driving we kept looking at each other and crossing our fingers that he would not wake up. After he did wake up I got in the back with him and fed him a bottle. He was great for the next 40 minutes until we got there. Turns out he loves to travel!

We arrived at my Grandma and Grandpa's Nielsen house and unloaded everything and hung out for a little while. It was Brenden's first time seeing his great grandparents. They said he was cute and chubby:) I was really excited to get these pictures for him to look back on.


Moss' Grandma who is currently serving a mission in Seattle came to stay with one of her daughters for this last month and we were very excited we were able to catch her before she left the next day. She is a very very nice lady and Moss and I both decided Moss' mom acts just like her in pretty much everything. It was so cool to see. I am very happy Brenden got to meet her. Moss always tells me how much he adores her and I am glad we got some pictures with her.


The next day we got to go the Oqurriah mountain Temple open house. I have never been to an open house and it was cool to be able to go through every room. It is so pretty inside! Brenden was supper good and between Moss and I we were strong enough to tot him around the whole time. Man, my arms are getting tough having a chubby kid! The picture isn't so good because it was so dang windy but oh well I guess.

We then headed up to liberty and enjoy some much needed relaxation. I should of taken some picture of how pretty it was up there but I forgot. During our down time we mostly spent all out time out of the porch swing. It was a very good thing they had one up there because it kept Brenden so so happy. If we didn't move so dang much I would definitely buy one for us. If we were not on the swing we were bouncing him on the tramp. He loved it!
.jpg)
On Tuesday we went to Pine View Lake. Again I was worried about how Brenden would do but he did pretty dang good. When we first got there we tested him out in the water...

Then we threw him in the lake with his crab. He really enjoyed it. It was even pretty cold, so I was surpised he didn't mind.

He loved floating around with his friend Hailee Mae!

Our family at the lake!

After he was done we passed him over to Grandma so Moss and I could swim around a bit. We moslty just walked around and watch Jason ride a log:) Brenden wasn't too happy to wear his hat but after awhile he got used to it and just looked dang cute!!

After lunch it was our turn to go out on the boat. Brenden was sleeping so Heather said she would watch him. I am terrified of everything as many of you know so Moss was very nice to me on the boat and told me we would not crash. Also Aaron is an excellant driver so I got comftable very fast. At first I did not want to go on the tube but after awhile I decided to go. Moss was really excited! Here we are Before the ride...

We even had the treat of having my Dad come on with us. I think everyone needs to go on a tube ride with my dad at some point in there life..it was an adventure...haha. Everyone told me I looked exaclty like Brenden when I would get scared. At first we went really slow but then Aaron saw that I was freaking out too much and kicked it up a notch. We went out of the wake a few times and it was lots of fun!

Here we are after...

Heather was a great baby sitter while we were gone! She said he didn't make a peep. Maybe I just need to leave him with Heathe more often. I am sure she would not mind:)

Moss was so excited to ride in Timmy's sweet boat. Him and Jason took it out for a spin and loved it! They looked SWEET!
.jpg)

We were able to ride the boat back to the dock and got to bring Brenden along this time. He hated the lifejacket until we started to go fast and then he was distracted and seem to love it. Doesn't he look so happy!


That night we had some good ol' fire time. It was Brenden first time to see a fire when it wasn't me cooking in the kitchen. I don't really know if he noticed the burning ball of stuff but oh well. Brenden even got his first look at a s'more next year he can gobble one up on his own.
.jpg)
.jpg)
On Wednesday we traveled down to Bountiful to hang out with Juge during the day and then have dinner with Jay Brynn and Lance. It was fun to see Juge's new house and see all the work they are putting into it. Dinner was really good and fun to talk with everyone. Afterwards we played a game called sequnce and Moss and I rocked it! We got some really good ice cream after and then have chicken fights at a playgroung. I wish we got to see thoes guys more often:( The family camp should be fun.

On Thursday we went to the Hill Airforce Base and checked out the sweet airplanes. Brenden was so excited to sit on this rocket, it was just his size.

When Moss was eight he got a picture taken in front of this tire so I thought it would be fun to get one of him and Brenden to compare.

Joanna was trying to be a big helper and carrying both children but I think she forgot that Brenden is huge unlike hailee. Apparenlty the little ones like to take each others clothes off...haha

I am pretty sure Moss read everything there was to read at this place. I am glad we have one smart person in our little family. Hopefully Brenden will take after him and not me. I just said, "wow these things are big and why does it smell funny in here?"

Brenden asked me to take a picture of him with these guys he thought they looked pretty sweet.

Our family:)

I love this picture HAHA. Brenden is thinking I know I am pretty dang swing to get my wings this young but please leave me along:)

Yeah we love each other a little but:)

Moss said these was his favorite plane outside...

We headed home the next day and Brenden did pretty good on the way home. It was very nice. It was a very fun trip and thank you very much to Bonnie and Aaron for setting everything up so we had somewhere to stay and a sweet boat to ride.
3 comments:
I'm glad you got your post up. It looks like you were right on track gone for 5 days and 5 days later to post right? Family Vacations are always sweet. I'm glad you had a good time!
Cute post Bud :) And I LOVE the 4th of July one too - Brenden's to cute! I'm glad you posted too - your pictures are way cute!! Brenden did a way good job on that trip :) It was lots of fun!
I love being able to read your blog and see all the fun stuff you do with your cute little family. That crab thing is really cool. What a fun vacation. So glad you got to get Moss away from work and have a nice relaxing trip together!
Post a Comment