Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Our first garden!

This year was the first year we planted a garden. It has been so much fun watching everything grow after our hard work. The best part is how excited Brenden gets. He loves to pick peas and ask to several time a day. Next year will will have to plant more to keep up with his picking.

We also planted some corn which I am really excited about. It is getting bigger and bigger everyday and there are some real corn stalks growing on them!

We also planted some Zucchini that seems to be flourishing right now!

Our peach tree is also growing us some small peaches. I hope our apple tree will produce something next year. Brenden wanted to be in every picture so I had to wait for him to run across the yard to take this picture...

We took this picture a few weeks back after we pick some yummy strawberries. That really were good but some day I hope to grow costco size ones:)

We also have some carrots, watermelon, green onions and tomatoes.

This morning Brenden and I went to check on the garden and we found this awesome huge zucchini which I didn't even know had started growing. I look closer and found about 5 more small ones that are on there way to being a yummy treat! So excited!!! Brenden called it a pea haha. He was so excited to help me pick it.

3 comments:

Courtney B said...

I can't wait until we have a home and a yard where we can plant a garden!!
That's so awesome you have so many yummy fruits and veggies in your backyard!
My very favorite is peas fresh out of the garden!

The Terry's said...

wow, that's huge! i can't wait to figure out how to grow veggies with out killing them. i need to figure it out soon. your son is too cute!
-sammie terry

Stout Family said...

Haha a pea! Love it. Your garden is huge! I just gave the visiting teaching lesson on self-reliance & you are so that:) Haha.