Monday, October 19, 2009

Our Visit With The Ducks

On Thursday I told Moss I wanted to take Brenden to see the ducks, so like a good husband he says sure lets do it. Moss' Mom had told us that they would just walk up to you, so I was pretty excited. Right when we got there the ducks started swim towards us and then just walked right out of the water. It was so cool! We didn't have any bread with us so we tried to feed them some of Brenden's puffs but sadly they were not into them so they got back in the water. Moss then ran to his parents house and grabbed some bread. This time they stayed around a lot longer. I gave Brenden a piece of bread and the duck ate it right out of this hand. Brenden jump a little but then thought it was pretty funny. It was seriously way fun. I love animals when you can interact with them but don't have to take care of them haha. We will definitely be going back there a lot. He just loved it! Don't worry I just asked Moss if they are going to fly south for the winter and Moss says he is pretty sure this is south for the winter:)




7 comments:

Jason and Joanna said...

ya, animals are fun when you can interact with them but don't have to care for them- that's for sure!

im glad you guys had a great time, looks like a blast! Brenden is so funny, love his laugh, he can be such a happy little dude!

Julene said...

Cute! How fun!

Brynn and Jared said...

It looks so warm! we gotta get down there soon, this cold fall stuff is gorgeous up here but chilly!

Bryan and Lou Anne Randall said...

That's way fun. We went and fed our old Christmas tree to some goats last year. They loved it and the kids thought it was cool. Kids and animals are a great combo!

Stout Family said...

Haha. I remember doing that as a kid! SO FUN! He is so freakin cute. I want to eat him! Your such a cute mom.

Lillypad Good Times said...

Glad you had a good time with the ducks. It is much easier to visit them than to live with them I'm sure. Every generation of kids seems to enjoy this activity...I remember loving to feed the ducks at Fairmount Park in Riverside when I was little. I know I took my kids to feed them out by the golf course here until they put up signs saying not to! We have a bag of crusts in our freezer that we save for duck food. Thaw it a little and make use of it any time!

Lyndsi said...

Where were those ducks at!? They seem nice. The ducks at the Springs Park freakin' attack you. They are way scary! I want to go to that pond...