Once upon a time, a child was ready to be born. So he asked God, "How am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"
God answered, "Among the many angels, I chose one for you. She will be waiting for you and will take care of you."
The Child asked, "Here in Heaven, I don't do anything else but sing and smile, that's enough for me to be happy.
God answered, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every day. And you will feel your angel's love and be happy."
God said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to live."
The Child asked, "What am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"
God smiled, "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."
The Child pleaded, "Who will protect me?"
God said, "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking its life. "
At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth could already be heard, and the child in a hurry asked softly: "Oh God, if I am about to leave now, please tell me my angel's name?"
Your angel's name is of no importance, you will simply call your angel, "Mom."
Before I tell about my mothers day I would like to just give a little shout out to all the mothers out there. Weather you have been a mom for only a few months or 30 years. Good work! I know its hard. I hope I have helped anyone struggling right now.
The morning started off with Moss getting up with Brenden so I could sleep in a little bit. It was then time for presents. Brenden bought me Jenga, Moss swears he said jenga and thats why he bought it. Moss also got me an ipod shuffle so it will be easier to tote around while I work out.
Moss also got me these sweet egg Muffin maker things. It is awesome! It poaches you and egg whilst it toast your bread and heats you meat. It can also hard boil 4 eggs at a time.
We got it all working and had a sweet breakfast!
After church we went up to my moms house where each kid gave her a tile like these. I think they were very very cute. Good idea Heather, thanks for the use of your house Bonnie and good work holding Brenden Joanna so I could do mine.
Thanks for the mothers day Brenden and Moss it was nice to get a little extra attention! Although Moss always helps out so much on any given day!
P.S. Last mothers day is when we found out we where having little Brenden. It kinda of seems like 5 years ago:)
6 comments:
Christie i feel your pain. it was hard for me for about 5 years! how sad is that. it has just been recently where i have truly loved being a mom all the time. obviously there are moments, but the more enjoyable moments seem to come more often or at least i notice them more. keep up the great work. being a mom is hard, but is also the most rewarding. =D
i enjoy following your blog.
love that poem. it was really good. you are a great mom, and im sure brenden already appreciates you more than you know :) happy mothers day!!
Happy Mothers Day Bud! I can only imagine how tough being a mom is... It may get a little easier down the road but it still can be tough. I think you're a great mom and doing a great job with Brenden! You give him so much love that I know he loves you too!!
That was a sweet poem, it gave me the chills! I agree with Jo and Nicole you are a great mom and next year you will be an even better mom because I know you will do such fun stuff with your little man. There is nothing wrong with LOVING to play right?
From and old mom - I can sure identify with the perfect mom guilt trips! Makes you feel like there must really be something wrong with you when you are glad to have your kids finally get old enough to go to school so you can have a little break! Anyway, I think you and Moss are being super parents and Brenden will get easier! I can't imagine how single moms survive. Thanks so much for the beautiful picture/tile. I love it! Thanks for all the hard work you do to be a great mom and wife! You are amazing!
Sweet presents! I need to come over to your house for breakfast! You are a good mom! I think the first child is always the hardest because you really have no clue at what you are doing! Even if you grew up with babies all of your life. They are all so very different! Don't sweat the small things. As long as he has dirty diapers and smiles you know all is good! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment