Tuesday, August 26, 2008
A Day with Brayden!
These last two day I have had a chance to really practicing my stay at home mom role by babysitting my nephew Brayden all day long. I was really excited to see kind of how it will be to have a little boy following me around all day. It was not half bad in fact I feel a little lonely now... On Monday Moss made a list of things for me to accomplish during the day, I really like it when he does this because it gets me motivated and I love to check it off when I am done:) This was the list...
Brayden was really excited about being able to help me out with all of my chores, he did slow me down a bit at times but he made up for it by keeping me company. The first thing we did on the list was the laundry. He kept trying to close the door after each article of clothing but he figured it eventually.
Next we had to organize some boxes in the garage, he is a pretty tough little guy but any of the boxes that had anything in them where a little too heavy so he mostly just look in them and found random stuff to pull out. It was then time to unload the dish washer. He lost interest in that as soon as he found the measuring cup drawer and spend the remainder on the time carefully yelling into each one and seeing what noise it made. Such good help!
We then had to go to the library to check me out a new book, I don't know that Brayd has ever been to the new library of if he has if he remembered it or not because he seemed a little confused about what was going on. He really did enjoy riding the elevator though and playing on the stairs in the kid area. He did start to read one book but then a bully little girl came and stole it from him. Some people kids...Afterwards we went over to the water stuff in the town square and he seemed to enjoy it. He was a little confused at first why there was water shooting everywhere but after a while he was excited to touch it, only of course after I did. He just kept screaming with joy and running around and then he decided that it was too cool and went over to the normal sprinklers that were running. I don't think he understood that those were not suppose to be as much fun but he enjoyed it all the same.

We then ate some lunch and he could not get enough of his mac and cheese! Probably just because it was food and it was in front of him but I like to think that I make it so good that he just couldn't stop. Most of it got in his mouth and the remainder was all over his belly and mouth and of course the floor.
Later I had to go pick up Madison from school and I did as every Mom does had a snack waiting for her when she got home. Moss says I probably shouldn't of let her eat three cookies but I have to make her like me right?
The rest of the day went pretty good. Madison was a good helper at cleaning the bathrooms and kept asking lots and lots of questions of why something was some way and how somebody could run so fast on Smallville. I didn't have any cartoons to keep her busy and friends probably wasn't appropriate. It was a good day of being a Mom and I think when the time comes I will be able to step up to the plate and do a decent job:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds like you had a lot of fun and enjoyed your day with brayden... then madison! very good job, you are going to be a great mom!
I'm pretty sure you will be a dang good mom. If you ever have any problems you know where the BEST mom lives! Thanks for watching my babies, and hey........good job for taking Brayd's shirt off!
Christie you'll be a dang good mom!! Those kids love you! :) Can't wait for him to come!!!
Post a Comment