Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Doing some Wood work:)

It felt really good to be back building stuff again. If I was rich I would build a wood shop and hire Kristi to come help me build all sorts of stuff. I would probably have to have Mr. Matthews come too... We had a lack of place for our clothes in our closet and since we moved in have wanted to build some shelves so I got to work. First I made a trip to Home Depot to get some supplies. Luckily they had some pre-cut wood that would work great for shelves. I just had to get some wood to hold them up. Not many pictures are action picture since I did it mostly while Moss was at work (He was so proud of me). And Brenden is not quite old enough to take pictures yet. I did some painting...
Then some cutting and sanding...

Then it was time to screw the supporters in...

Brenden was a big help at handing me stuff like this level. Usually he did pretty good at getting me what I asked for but every now and again he would hand me something random like a shoe:)
I got one of them up...

I thought I was done but then Moss came in to make them pretty so he gave me some ideas for puttying them and repaint some spots.
Then they were done!
Before:

After:It was really fun to do and it is SO NICE having more storage. Next we will be putting up a shelf for our shoes in the hall closet and then another shelve in the pantry.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

very impressive bud! good work!!

Brét said...

Nice job when I get a house I'll hire you to come do all that stuff ok? oh and can you please make me this chair? http://www.knock-offwood.com/2010/05/furnture-plans-double-lounger-for.html

Amanda Jean said...

Great job! they look awesome! I love doing fun projects like this! What is your phone number? so that we can hang out sometime!

The Key's said...

Nice work Bud! I'm impressed :) They really look professional!

Stout Family said...

Jealous! I wanna work:) We should start a wood-building business when we grow up... w/ Mr. Mathews in the background helping and not being weird haha. I saw his son the other day.. odd kid.. remember when he tried to set ya up ha!