Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mothers Day 2010

This Mothers Day was my second year actually being a mom. It started off with Moss making some very good French Toast with Texas Toast. Brenden and I went on a walk around the neighborhood touring the houses that are being built. It was really fun! Later Moss gave me some of my presents before church. I got two books that I wanted. One is called Raising happiness, it is how to raise your children to be happy people. The other is How to get your kids to mind with out loosing yours, Moss' parents suggested it and I am excited about it. Don't mind how beautiful I am...

Church was pretty good although sometimes I hate it when people get up and talk about how easy being a mom is and don't recognize that sometime it is not easy at all and you want to jump out the window:) So I will say it so other people don't feel bad. Being a Mom is hard work! We got cinnamon rolls at church and then were told we did not have the last two classes. It has been tradition in this ward for several years and I love it! We came home and watched the best two years on my other present, a new TV! Our other TV crapped out which is really frustrating cause it was less than four years old. Never get a Westinghouse TV, it had a lot of problems. So on Saturday we went and bought this one at Costco. A 47 inch Phillips. Hopefully it does better. I was just glad it picked up all the stations the other one did.

Later we headed over to my parents house for dinner and gifts for my mom. Then over to Moss' parents for dessert and gifts for Moss' mom and grandma. It was a fun Mothers day!

In other news the other day I was getting some clothes out of the dryer and took them into the other rooms. Moss got home while I was doing that and walked in and heard something in the laundry room and poked his head in and found Brenden sitting in the dryer haha! He came to get me to show me but Brenden had gotten out. So we walked back in there to see if he would do it again and surely enough he did. This time he got a little high centered. Eventually he made it in there. It was so funny and cute! I am just glad I don't have anything other kids to come by and shut the door.

2 comments:

Lillypad Good Times said...

What a funny boy! Thanks for being a great mom to Brenden! We had a general authority speak in stake conf. a few weeks ago and he said moms need to cut themselves some slack. They need to remember that they are very engaged in doing the Lord's work every day...feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, etc. If they can't do everything else they think they should they just need remember that and not give themselves guilt trips about it. It was a great talk.

The Key's said...

Happy Mother's Day Bud! It looks like you had a great day :) I LOVE the pictures of Brenden in the dryer. He's so stinkin cute! You're a great mom - don't ever think otherwise. Brenden's lucky to have you as his mommy! Keep up the good work!