Monday, November 26, 2012

Eliza's First Days

I was a little scared to bring Eliza home and try and figure out how to have a new baby in the house. To my pleasant surprise they went pretty smoothly. The first night she did not want to sleep until 2am but then she slept until 6 ate went back to bed and did not wake up til 9. I was so happy:) Since then she has been a champ and only wakes up every 3 or 4 hours to eat and it super good at going back to sleep fast. She is a really good baby and sleeps most the time, which is just fine with me. She will be awake every few hours for an hour and gets cranky sometimes but we can usually calm her down pretty quick. Moss' sister Juge told us about an awesome technique you can find at the happiest baby on the block webpage. It is a super easy fast way to calm a screaming baby. I highly suggest it for anyone with a baby. I was worried that my anxiety would come back super intense as soon as I had her but I have been so blessed and only had a few times where I have felt overwhelmed. Moss wanted to keep tradition and got sick the day after we brought her home so he pretty much was passed out on the couch for a week and would save enough energy to go to work when he could. Poor guy was too scared to hold her in fear he would get her sick. Brenden has been a great big brother and has not really had any jealousy issues. He would tell everyone we saw how much he weighed and how tall he was, since they were asking those questions about Eliza. He is a good helper with most things but still likes to do his own thing which is good for him. 

Before her cord fell off her hair was getting greasy so we washed it for her. She loved it. 


Brenden was nice and brushed it for her. 

Big Brother helping out. 

Love her chubby cheeks!

All dressed up

Love this face!

Poor daddy so ill but I convinced him it was ok to hold her.

Brenden always wants to hold her and wants me to take a picture. 

Ready to get out of the house.

Girls are just so fun to dress up. 

Cutie!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Kim Laidlaw said...

She is beautiful bud!! And such a sweet big brother.

Stout Family said...

Oh she's a darling! So glad she's being nice & you are doing well!