Moss has been working like crazy lately since Summit got a new owner (thank goodness) so I have had a lot of time for random crafts and finishing up projects. The first thing I did was get a little quilt made for Eliza, to match her room decor. I found just the fabric I wanted down in Vegas and was excited to get started.
It is just simple but I love it.
Moss told me he wanted a quilt made for him out of his old T shirts so I got to work on that. It took a bit longer but I worked on it every night for a few days and got it done. I know if I don't get stuff done when I am excited about it it wont' happen.
The biggest project was painting Eliza's room. It took a little convincing but I got to agree to let me paint some stripes in her room. I was really excited and went to the store right away to get the supplies. Taping took forever but after Moss helps I felt good about it and was brave enough to start painting the next day. Brenden even got in on it too:)
Next I redid Brenden's mobile to match the new colors in Eliza's room. The flowers were a little hard cause they were to small but they turned out pretty good. I may add some puff balls to it later on.
One night while watching a movie I was bored just sitting there so thanks to pinterest I found an easy pattern for a diaper clutch and made this sweet thing.
Pinterest also inspired me to make one of these...
Thanks to an awesome website where you can get way cheap baby stuff. www.nobetterdeal.com I was able to get my dream car seat for only 50 bucks instead of 80. Once I had the color scheme I was able to start on my carseat cover. It was so so easy thanks to yet again pinterest:)
I know I have forever still for this little girl to get here but I am preparing the best I can. I wish I could gather up my sleep right now too so I won't be exhausted once she gets here but I don't think that really works haha. She is growing awesome and she can stay in there til November that is okay with me. Then I will have lots of time to cuddle her. I am so excited to see Brenden interact with her. Although the other day when we were at the doctors appointment a baby started to cry and Brenden plugged his ears and seemed annoyed. That boy has no idea what is coming, and sorry Brenden but you have not room to talk about screaming babies you did that plenty :)
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Way to go Chris! Your quilt is adorable! So glad to see things are going well for you guys!
I love the colors, and way to be brave and paint stripes! It looks great! You are way ahead of me. We painted the room about 2 weeks before he got here, and I finished the decor after he was born! :) It all looks fabulous.
So fun to see all of your creations! Such cute stuff!
love the projects! i've been in
this mode lately and love it. everything turned out so cute!
Post a Comment