Saturday, July 16, 2011

Independence Day 2011

Independence day was lots of fun again this year. In the morning time we went to the park and Brenden played some of the free games there and walk away with some sweet prizes:) He loved the basketball shoot out and actually made one. He loved being there and walking around and telling us where he wanted to go. Moss and Brenden looking cute:)He won two free ice cream cones at Dairy Queen a free pass of the carosell and a free pass to the city pool with hydro-tube!!! haha. After the park we headed over and got our ice creams.We then got our stuff together and headed up to a lake by the black ridge on your way to cedar. When we got there there were some jet skis there which made it a little hard to paddle around but we still had fun.
We towed all our stuff over to the other side of the lake and have a yummy picnic and then headed back.

When we got back we saw this sweet cowboys testing out the waters to see if there truck could make it over the flooded road. The first road there horses across and saw that it went up to their belly's.

They went back to there truck and decided they could totally make it, we were all like uh... not a good idea. Well they got about half way then started to get water coming in from the windows and started to slide off the road haha. I should feel bad for them but they should of known!

We then took a quick shower and headed to the park which we have done almost every year since I can remember with my family.

Brenden was really excited about the fireworks but mostly he just wanted to hang out with Cam and play with this glow stick.

This is my niece Makayla and she is so adorable and has so much personality:) She kept wanting to sit on my lap the whole night.
The fireworks started and Brenden loved them!

After the awesome show we went to Heathers house since they are not allowed in Washington to set off some more fireworks. There friend brought some sweet ones that flew in the sky!Brenden loved playing with Cam and his cars.

I love living in a free country and I love that we have a day to celebrate it. I love getting together with family and am so happy to live so close to them, most the time haha:)

2 comments:

Stout Family said...

Haha Brenden is so funny. I love your little boat! That looks so fun:) Too bad for the not-so-intelligent cowboys...haha kinda funny to experience I bet. Happy 4th!

Brynn and Jared said...

I had no idea how to respond to your comment where you would see it except to here so...The idea of a yearly tradition is the BEST IDEA you have ever had. Tradition has been set! YAY! this weekend was fabulous! thanks!