Monday, October 11, 2010

Backyard fun

Last week our tramp arrived and I was so so excited! It was a little rainy when it got here but there was enough of a break to put it together and jump for a little bit. Moss got right to it,

Ryan and Brayden were really good at helping. They were champs and putting the spring on.

Putting on the map was definitely the most challenging part but eventually with everyone help we got it put on.

Then it was time for some jumping! Brenden was napping so he missed out:( But everyone else had a good time jumping around.
This last week weekend was full of yard work which call me weird but I loved it! First we got some trees to put out by the future fire place. Three Fan Tex Ashes and one Fruitless mulbery. Digging in this dirt is pretty much impossible so we got to use Moss Dad's hammer drill. It saved us from A LOT of work. I did some good work...

Here they are all planted...

Next was putting down the weed fabric so we don't have to deal with lots of weeds later on. It was pretty fun too...

Then it was time for the drip system so our trees grow really big. I was pretty proud of myself and planned it all out and put all the little sprinklers in.

We were just on a roll so I convinced Moss to let us get our 12 tons of gravel delivered on Saturday. Luckily we were able to use Russell's tractor which saved us about 5 hours of manual labor. I love having family that is generous:) Bonnie's family also came and helped and Bonnie dominated the wheelbarrow. Good work! It only took us about 2 hours and we were all done.


Right now we have this big thing in our backyard digging our tramp hole. I am really excited for it being in the ground.

4 comments:

Aaron and Bonnie said...

You could have warned me you were taking a picture so I could at least suck my gut in! Your yard does look very good, and you are CERTAINLY crazy for liking yard work. WTF?

Haylee Caplin said...

Your yard is looking awesome! I'm jealous of Brenden he's livin the dream with the tramp and playhouse! Good for you guys :)

The Key's said...

WOW! Everything is coming together so fast :) How fun! Brenden really is going to LOVE it! He won't ever want to come inside - good work getting everything all done by yourselves! What an accomplishment!

Stout Family said...

Your yard rocks! Oh wait so does your house! Awesome:)