This year we headed up to Brian Head for the Lillywhite Family Camp. We stayed in the same Cabin we did for our honeymoon so it was fun to go back again. I have to admit it was a lot easier being in a cabin then being in the outdoors so it was nice for this year while Brenden is still young to have him contained. We had a lot of fun up there and I was a little sad to come home. On the first night we cooked up some hamburgers and roasted some marshmallows. Here we are chillen by the fire.
The next day we headed out to Cascade falls which was a nice short hike and then a Beatiful waterfall. Brenden loved the hike there and looked so cute making his way down the trail.
After a while though we were falling behind so he had to catch a ride with Moss.
He did climb up some pretty decent hills though…
We found a cute little bench a long the way and thought it was perfect for a family picture.
Once we got to the waterfall Brenden was in love! He just loved to through rocks in it and could of stayed there for hours. It really was awesome looking.
We then headed back to the car and Brenden and I were buddies.
But of course he needed a ride again.
We got back to the cars and I tried on Brenden coat cause he was sick of it. Fits perfect right?
We headed over to some caves which I was glad were very open and no one made me go in the dark ones. I hate caves! But these ones were nice cause I could just sit there and hang out with the sky still being seen.
Brenden did a little exploring but for the most part stuck pretty close to me and Moss.
Some of the family hanging out…
We then headed back to the cabin for some lunch. I was a nice mommy and got some Dora’s set to record so Brenden could have some fun too.
We spent a lot of time up in this game room. Especially playing on the foosball table. Moss and I were champs and only lost one time when we play the other couples. We have mad skills:) Someday I would love to have one.
It was really nice cause each of us got our own room. Here is ours…
The next day we headed out on another hike to find some river that just appeared out of nowhere. It was pretty sweet, except on of our nephews got some kind of poison ivy so Moss and Lance had to wash him off really good in the freezing cold water. But it paid off cause he was totally fine afterwards. Brenden enjoyed some more stick collecting and running down the trail.
My honey just looking cute in the outdoors:)
Brenden just made his way up on this rock and sat there throwing rocks in the water. It was super cute.
That night we had lots of fun playing games with the adults and even watched Relief Society Conference while the boys took care of the kids. I was told to bring up some of my puzzles and after a long while we finally got this sucker done. We had four people working on it for about 3 hours throughout the time we were there.
Moss and Jay loved playing dog fight on the Wii and were so funny to listen to while they played. We sure wished we lived closer so these boys could play more.
Brenden was not much of a good sleeper the whole time we were there so on the last night we just let him sleep in the game room. He ended up sleeping the best there. Although when Moss went to find him in the morning he could not see him anywhere and apparently had got off the couch and crawled around a bit haha.
It was an awesome weekend and it was fun to see mostly everyone. I can’t wait til Thanksgiving when we get to see them all again:)
2 comments:
that's super fun Bud! That's my kind of camping right there :)
HOW FUN! I love Brian Head. Its SO peaceful and beautiful. And you totally rock Brendens jacket! Haha- thats a one hot little momma to wear a one-year-olds coat. Cute fam.
Post a Comment